The ABC of Search Engine Optimisation
Below are the 3 main areas of search engine optimisation and the 4 most important factors to consider in each.
Area A. “Links” has the most impact - maybe about 50-60% or more of the SEO equation.
Area B. “Indexing” might represent about 20-30% and
Area C. “On-page” makes up the balance (possibly about 10-20%).
Point 1 in each section is the most important factor. Point 4 is less so but not necessarily the least important .
- The credibility of the site linking to your site
- The relevancy of the site linking to your site
- The text of the link pointing to your site
- The overall number of links pointing to your site
- How easily search crawlers can work their way through your site
- Search crawlers understanding of what’s on your pages
- Depth of content
- Past performance of search results featuring your site
- Page titles
- Page headings
- Keywords in URL
- Keyword density
I will hopefully write a bit on each of these 3 areas soon.